We’re hiring an Operations Director for BluSeed/ArtWorks, Full-Time Position
In December, BluSeed Studios received a workforce development grant through the North Country Regional Economic Development Council (REDC), which will result in a new full-time position. The new Operations Director will provide financial oversight, fundraising, program development and organizational direction for BluSeed and Saranac Lake ArtWorks. ArtWorks and BluSeed officially merged organizations earlier in 2017 and the Operations Director will bring much-needed staff support to long-standing, high-quality arts events such as the Plein Air Festival, artist weekend Studio Tours, and Third Thursday Art Walks.
The ideal candidate will be an outgoing and personable individual who wants to be a team player in a dynamic community arts organization that continues to grow through a myriad of challenging opportunities. The position is the primary contact for the organization working in tandem with the Artistic Director. This position coordinates with the ArtWorks Committee and reports to the Board. It is a full-time position with a 40 hour work week that provides for a reasonably flexible work schedule including occasional long-work days when events are scheduled. Work on some weekends and evening hours are required. This is a one year grant funded position, with a planned effort to continue support through a variety of funding programs.
Applications are due Jan. 22, 2018. Send letter of interest, resume and three references to BluSeed Board Chair Georgeanne Gaffney via email to email@example.com
The full job duties:
Budgeting and Financial Management Responsibilities:
- Develop Business Plan: a medium (3-4 year) and long range ( 5- 10 year) plan for ensuring the survival and thriving of the organization from a business standpoint (ie, implementing the artistic vision of BluSeed)
- Oversee, organize/prepare accounts payable and accounts receivable materials for bookkeeper to process
- Work with Board Treasurer, Finance Committee, and bookkeeper to provide information for budgeting and appropriate sales and general tax reporting documents and forms
- Assist with annual budget process
- Assist in tracking financial performance of all events
Collaborate with the Board & Artistic Director to develop fundraising programs.
- Develop a business sponsor program
- Cultivate individual and major donors
- Develop and manage fund-raising events
- Develop short and long range plan for establishing an endowment; meeting with an endowment planner.
General Administrative & Program Responsibilities:
- Work with Artistic Director and public relations consultant to maintain and enhance marketing efforts
- Oversee website and Facebook content and explore other tools for online information sharing and marketing
- Work with Art Director and public relations consultant to maintain and enhance marketing efforts
- Identify potential grant opportunities and decide which grants programs are appropriate, develop and prepare applications
- Manage grant funds and the timely submission of all required reports
- In consultation with Artistic Director, explore potential for enhancing and improving delivery of existing art exhibitions, art classes, studio use, fundraising and art/music events
- Coordinate with Artistic Director on development and management of ongoing programs.
- Oversee volunteer program, organize a task schedule on a quarterly basis
Job Duties & Responsibilities include:
Oversee day-to-day operations of office, exhibit & studio spaces:
- Telephone, written and email correspondence
- Maintain office hours
- Scheduling events, workshops & rentals and managing the calendar
- Attend board meetings and strategy sessions as an ex-officio member
- Work with media consultant to market events: website, social media, media calendars, press releases, e-blasts, posters.
- Manage member database and membership drives, prepare membership reports as needed, write and mail membership solicitations and acknowledgements
- Manage and update mailing & email lists & explore new on-line communications techniques
- Manage collaboration efforts with community members and organizations
- Coordinate and manage event planning, track reservations, attend events and meetings on evenings and weekends
- Two or more years experience administering a variety of programs with special emphasis on not-for-profit organizations, art programs and/or community groups
- Strong leadership and organizational skills with emphasis on teamwork and developing partnerships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Experience in developing a business plan and budget
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office and ability to work with Quickbooks is necessary; graphic design skills a plus.
- Grant writing experience
- Ability to multi-task, use good judgment to set priorities and work independently
- Ability to have flexible schedule while meeting organizational needs and priorities