Join the BluSeed TeamCurrent Job Opportunities
Current job postings
Open until filled, review of applications begins Jan. 22, 2018
Operations Director – Full time position for BluSeed Studios/Saranac Lake ArtWorks in Saranac Lake, NY.
This is a one year grant funded position, with a planned effort to continue support through a variety of funding programs. Experience in non-profit, art or community group programs, with teamwork, leadership, organizational and communication skills is desired. A background in developing business plans and grant writing, as well as computer proficiency in Microsoft Office and ability to work with Quickbooks are prerequisites to interviewing for the position.
Salary range: $38,00.00 to $43,000.00 with benefits.
The ideal candidate will be an outgoing and personable individual who wants to be a team player in a dynamic community arts organization that continues to grow through a myriad of challenging opportunities. The position is the primary contact for the organization working in tandem with the Artistic Director. This position coordinates with the ArtWorks Committee and reports to the Board. It is a full-time position with a 40 hour work week that provides for a reasonably flexible work schedule including occasional long-work days when events are scheduled. Work on some weekends and evening hours are required. This is a one year grant funded position, with a planned effort to continue support through a variety of funding programs.
Budgeting and Financial Management Responsibilities:
- Develop Business Plan: a medium (3-4 year) and long range ( 5- 10 year) plan for ensuring the survival and thriving of the organization from a business standpoint (ie, implementing the artistic vision of BluSeed)
- Oversee, organize/prepare accounts payable and accounts receivable materials for bookkeeper to process
- Work with Board Treasurer, Finance Committee, and bookkeeper to provide information for budgeting and appropriate sales and general tax reporting documents and forms
- Assist with annual budget process
- Assist in tracking financial performance of all events
Fundraising: Collaborate with the Board & Artistic Director to develop fundraising programs.
- Develop a business sponsor program
- Cultivate individual and major donors
- Develop and manage fund-raising events
- Develop short and long range plan for establishing an endowment; meeting with an endowment planner.
General Administrative & Program Responsibilities:
- Work with Artistic Director and public relations consultant to maintain and enhance marketing efforts
- Oversee website and Facebook content and explore other tools for online information sharing and marketing
- Work with Art Director and public relations consultant to maintain and enhance marketing efforts
- Identify potential grant opportunities and decide which grants programs are appropriate, develop and prepare applications
- Manage grant funds and the timely submission of all required reports
- In consultation with Artistic Director, explore potential for enhancing and improving delivery of existing art exhibitions, art classes, studio use, fundraising and art/music events
- Coordinate with Artistic Director on development and management of ongoing programs.
- Oversee volunteer program, organize a task schedule on a quarterly basis
Job Duties & Responsibilities include: Oversee day-to-day operations of office, exhibit & studio spaces:
- Telephone, written and email correspondence
- Maintain office hours
- Scheduling events, workshops & rentals and managing the calendar
- Attend board meetings and strategy sessions as an ex-officio member
- Work with media consultant to market events: website, social media, media calendars, press releases, e-blasts, posters.
- Manage member database and membership drives, prepare membership reports as needed, write and mail membership solicitations and acknowledgements
- Manage and update mailing & email lists & explore new on-line communications techniques
- Manage collaboration efforts with community members and organizations
- Coordinate and manage event planning, track reservations, attend events and meetings on evenings and weekends
- Two or more years experience administering a variety of programs with special emphasis on not-for-profit organizations, art programs and/or community groups
- Strong leadership and organizational skills with emphasis on teamwork and developing partnerships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Experience in developing a business plan and budget
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office and ability to work with Quickbooks is necessary; graphic design skills a plus.
- Grant writing experience
- Ability to multi-task, use good judgment to set priorities and work independently
- Ability to have flexible schedule while meeting organizational needs and priorities
Application letters of interest, three references, and resumes are requested by January 22, 2018. The position will remain open until filled, review of applicants will begin on January 22, 2018. Interested candidates should send materials to BluSeed Studios Board Chair, Georgeanne Gaffney, via e-mail at email@example.com. Any questions should be directed to her as well.
BluSeed Studios is a nonprofit artist workspace dedicated to the creation, promotion and presentation of the arts in the North Country. We offer ceramics, printmaking, papermaking, drawing, enameling and matting studios, adult and children’s workshops, and performance/exhibition space.
Our mission is, “To provide space and opportunities where artists and educators collaborate, experiment, diverge, exhibit and perform; to move ideas and aesthetics forward; and to share this diversity with the community.”