- This event has passed.
Open Minded Mic Night
January 31, 2019 @ 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Open-minded Mic Night! Thursday January 31st! 7pm Sign-up ~ 7:30 Show starts!
Hosted by Griffin Kelly!
Hi, I’m Griffin. I’m not really a musician. I’m just a dude who lives in town and loves open mic nights. Even if I’m not singing the best song, writing the most interesting story or telling the funniest joke, I like to participate in arts and culture. I’m a journalist for the local paper, so that means I’m a jack of all trades and a master of none. Writing about myself is probably the most challenging thing for me to do, so I’ll just list off some interesting trivia about me.
- I got lost in Disney World as a young boy
- I have asthma and am allergic to peanuts
- David Bowie is my personal hero
- I don’t care for “Titanic” staring Leo and Kate
- I’ve convinced a lot of people that I’m British
- I used to hate mustard, now I don’t
- I once wrote a play about a guy with hideous genitalia
- Am sometimes referred to as Muffin Griffin
- I worked at KFC for a brief period
- I got a 100 on my 10th grade social studies regents exam
- I haven’t seen passed the first episode of Breaking Bad
- I am the former youngest man alive
To give everyone including the audience a chance to see every performer we are having a Seven Minute strict enforcement (includes talking!)
Suggested Donation at the door: $5.00 Adult ~ $3.00 Students/Child ~ Performers are free Call 518-891-3799 for more information
On January 31st 2019, all are invited to listen to seasoned and new performers who share their voice, music, words and ideas in a professional acoustic setting. BluSeed Studios “Open Minded Mic” Nights are back with a new twist; throughout the evening there are door prizes drawn to lucky audience members donated by local businesses! Please come out to support the artists for an entertaining evening! The fun starts at 7:30 pm -9:30 pm. . Artist/performer sign up is limited to twelve and begins at 7:00 pm. Each performer has 7 minutes to perform. Russ Feher our sound engineer is on hand ensuring the best vocals throughout the house. Afterwards there is an informal jam session that all are welcome to join in. Suggested Donation at the door: $5.00 Adult ~ $3.00 Students/Child ~ Performers are free and refreshments are available for a modest price. For more information call 518-891-3799