- This event has passed.
Vocal Expression Workshop with Dawn Tyler Watson
June 1, 2014 @ 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
BluSeed Studios is pleased to offer a Vocal Expression Workshop for singers, song-writers, and musicians of all levels and styles. In fact, anyone who loves to sing is welcome! This is an incredible opportunity to do a vocal workshop with multiple award winning Jazz & Blues vocalist, Dawn Tyler Watson.
Using breath, movement, sound & play, in a supportive atmosphere, we will explore ways to embrace the voice, fostering a connection to singing from a more meaningful place. The experience will bring new depth to your creativity, and your ability to sing authentically.
- Quiet the mind and the inner critic that blocks you from your fullest expression
- Understand and apply musical elements such as rhythm, harmony, and melody
- Develop your vocal technique
- Sing and blend with others in a group setting
- Combat stage fright and gain self-confidence
- Explore the range, tone, and texture of your own unique voice
- Express yourself through Improvisation
A singer/songwriter known for her smoking vocals and captivating stage presence, Dawn is a multiple nominee of the prestigious Canadian Maple Blues Award, twice winner of the Female Vocalist of the Year (2005 & 2007) and six-time consecutive winner of the Quebec Lys Blues Award (2004-2009) in the same category. Other achievements include a Canadian Folk Music Award nomination (2008); a Screaming Jay Hawkins Award for live performance (France 2003); and a Trophées France Blues (2004) for female International Artist of the Year.
For more information about Dawn please visit her website at www.dawntylerwatson.com
Cost: $60. Reservations required by May 30th.
Space is limited to ensure quality and personal attention. Register early at admin@bluseedstudios or 518-891-3799.